VeriCode® and VSCode™ 2D Barcodes
Veritec is the home of the patented VeriCode® and VSCode™ secure 2D barcodes. The VeriCode® and VSCode™ are the most secure 2D barcodes on the market, due to their proprietary nature. They have the largest data capacity of the 2D barcodes (VSCode™ has over 4,000 bytes). They are the most robust of the 2D barcodes on the market and have more data capacity in a smaller space. VeriCode® and VSCode™ symbols can be encoded and marked on approximately 98% of all materials including metal, glass & plastic. There are over 35 different methods of marking the VeriCode® symbol including thermal printing, dot peen, laser etching and micro-abrasive blasting. VeriCode® symbols can be configured for re-construability with Error Detection And Correction (EDAC), so that 100% of the data in the code is returned even if up to 35% of the symbol becomes damaged or is missing. The VeriCode® and VSCode™ can be used in many applications including product marking and tracking, LCDs, pharmaceuticals, solar panels, PhoneCodes™ and biometric ID cards.
Benefits of VeriCode® and VSCode™
- More data capacity (VSCode™ has capacity of over 4,000 bytes) than other 2D barcodes
- Capable of storing biometric data
- Quick decoding speed
- Portable data storage container- freedom from dependency on central database
- Scalable in size to fit available space
- Omni-directional – VeriCodes® can be read in any orientation or skew
- Can be directly marked on most materials, including metal, glass and plastic
- Custom design capability with unique encryption techniques to be incorporated within the code for additional security
- Can be used with or within electronic media such as RFID, or Smart Chip for data storage and access
- Can be stand-alone data storage or tied to a central database
- Symbols contain high percentage of Error Detection And Correction (EDAC) between 15% to 25% ensuring valid information upon decoding
VeriCode® and VSCode™ Versus Other 2D Barcodes
The reading speed of VeriCode® and VSCode™ is accelerated because its solid outline border enables reading no matter in what direction the symbol is located vis a vis the reader. Because of their higher data capacity and density than other 2D codes available in the market at this time, VeriCode® or VSCode™ are the convenient portable data storage containers, providing quick and reliable data without the need to bring up information from a central database with its attendant risks of time delay, system malfunction and security breaches.